Thursday, March 24, 2011

Protein Pancakes

Okay, I had to really think about how I could justify posting a recipe on an ed blog and here's what I came up with:

1. Teacher self-care -we all know how much better we are with some wholesome food (and, admittedly, a cup of coffee) in our bodies as we start the day.

2. Health units -How could this recipe be used, or even better, modified by students?

3. Everybody loves pancakes!

So here it is. My mom modified these from a couple recipes and please trust me, they are DELICIOUS.

1/3 cup low sodium cottage cheese
1 tbsp. ground flax
1 egg
1 egg white
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/2 ripe banana, sliced
1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder

Throw everything into a food processor till smooth. Refrigerate batter for 3 min. Lightly grease your pan if needed. You know the rest!

Makes about 5 fabulous (and gluten free) pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment